JOB DESCRIPTION – SALES CONSULTANT
1. To be ready, willing and able to report to work during the normal business hours. Readiness is defined as arrived to work on time and being properly groomed, wearing business casual attire and having a positive and enthusiastic mental attitude.
2. Sales will utilize any given tools provided by Company such as a desktop computer, LCD monitor, headsets, telephone, online software, in house software (Salesforce.com (CRM), Microsoft Outlook email, etc) and all common software that are normally used by the sales industry to contact leads, book appointments, and closing sales and to fulfill the essential work tasks assign to sales.
3. Master and learn all Company service product currently offered including not limited to all data-base driven modules (55+ backend modules), all element of design services and all internet marketing services (SEO&SEM).
4. To generate sales appointments for Company and be able to independently act with your own judgment. (i.e. if customer wishes to talk more technical details about the websites while all available senior executive sales are not available to take the call, you will instantly in advance learn how to take messages or notes and immediately notify senior sales to return their call at their first available moment)
5. To be able to single-handedly engage in the initial custom website project scoping requirements and/or custom website solutions sales conversations.
6. Make independent decisions and apply technical knowledge to create a unique solution to help the client resolve a specific business problem and/or challenge using Internet technology.
7. To diligently complete all paperwork and to do as instructed verbally and in writing.
8. To actively prevent conflicts with and to ensure that your own Calendar is up to date including maintain all data within your assigned sales force user account, and never miss or forget an appointment.
9. To actively look for opportunities to partner with companies that may be in a position to refer new clients to Company on a long-term basis.
10. As a professional Sales and salary employee, you are expected to work the number of hours required to get the assignment / work done as require by Company; in addition, you must also take work breaks accordingly typically are 15 minutes in the morning as well as 15 minutes in the afternoon. You should take at least 30 to 60 minutes for your meal break as well.
11. Understand and be able to fully communicate and explain all Company modules and solution offerings in detail, as well as Company’s past case studies and projects
Single-handedly close deals to meet the set monthly quota
Sales team Support: Responsibility for the entire sales process from prospect to close Lead generation/outbound calling and warm lead follow up; Serve as primary sales support for both the client and inside Company sales teams during pre-sales strategic planning, scoping website requirements and implementation of website development project. Interface directly with clients to provide initial consultation towards web user interface (WUI) design concepts and visual graphics, business logic, navigation maps, style guidelines, and other UI design documents. Analyze website RFQ scopes in details, user interface design concepts, business logic concepts, website navigation concept requirements, style guidelines, and other custom UI design elements. Provide new and innovative ideas to prospects / or clients targeting the deliverables and to satisfy with the overall programming logic and backend UI consistence. Direct, mentor, coach and able to plan, execute and deliver website solution during the pre-sales. Lead the entire sales staff team through pre-sales, pricing /or terms negotiation, strategic sales closure through ensure project requirements are clearly defined, met and understood and final contract signoff.
Team Collaboration: Single handed minimal pre-sales project management deal consulting and communicate with customer, senior project managers, marketing and Sales Director through the development timeline to ensure project requirements are clearly defined, met and understood. Single handed minimal pre-sales consulting and Coordination with visual designer to ensure that Milestone (Gantt Chart), wireframes (both Front and backend) and/or mockups meet the objectives of the user experience; Satisfy with the overall branding and consistence. Monitor and review project schedules and timelines to identify and meet critical milestones and deliverables for website development projects with competing priorities and deadlines subject to the original work proposal (SOW).
Web Demo: Participate in new business / proposal presentations, client meetings, and brainstorming meetings to provide ideas and solutions for the best way to visually communicate goals and messages. Helping prospect / clients to visualize the deliverables by presenting Company’ s online demo products, such as CMS, CRM and ecommerce via Webinar.
Client Consultation: Must have Strong conceptual, visual and analytical skills clearly understand client’s business logic by scoping client’s requirements and deliver a custom interactive web solution to client. Must independently and actively manage all aspects of pre-sale tactics such as tackling project scope, issues/risks, schedule/deliverables, and budget/quality, communication, team and client relationships on a daily basis.
Proposal Written: Must have 3+ years of web application / development proposals writing experience. Contribute in the entire development of new website proposal including detailed module functionality, estimates and costs (i.e. responding to RFP etc.)
Host Daily Sales Team meeting.
Sales Training 101.
Lead & Manage the Entire Sales Team. Independently and actively manage all aspects of sales closure including oversee the entire team sales process to closure.
Oversee, Achieve & Meeting the entire Monthly team Sales Quota.
Sales Performance Reviews.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and relevant experience (preferably a master’s degree)
2. 3+ years experience in sales of multiple “web application development / design projects”
3. A minimum of 3 years selling & sales team management experience in “custom web application / design”
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong presentation skills in (Value Proposition). Proven strong Sales / project management and prioritization skills. Willing to take challenges and required hard work under pressure in the custom web application / development industry
6. Expertise in areas of branding, marketing and informational graphics. Internet Savvy and knowledgeable of web industry.
7. Ability to manage the entire sales process from prospecting, semi project scoping, negotiate and close new accounts.
8. People friendly, Enthusiastic, highly motivated, outgoing and strong negotiation skill.
1. Accurately pre-qualify leads according to Company pre-qualification metrics
a. Correctly understand the client’s business logic to propose a comprehensive solution
b. Independently scope and close large complex projects (i.e. projects above $20,000+, and “complex” projects similar to portal sites or projects with more than 3 modules.)
c. Conduct the prospect’s market’s initial analysis in order to accurately interpret technical information to recommend website solutions and prior to customize client’s proposal
d. Correctly scope a client’s needs for a fully customized web solution including web design / development / online marketing projects
e. Creative interpretation using knowledge of the Company product database to create a specific web solution to address client marketing needs and provide solutions, based on conversations with the client
f. Provide complete and accurate project proposals and quotes based on client’s business and marketing needs or requirement documents.
g. Provide the client with an initial website consultation toward project estimates and costs
h. Obtain the Sales Manager’s approval for the price quote, especially regarding complex project requirements involving advanced website backend functionalities
a. Deliver a well-prepared, customized, and targeted sales presentation that well-communicates Company’s solutions’ values and the customized solution to persuade potential customers to secure the deal
b. Articulate sales pitch to better understand and target the needs, interests and specification requirements of client’s website functionality
c. Provide comprehensive online demonstrations of all Company modules if necessary, including modules for e-commerce sites, CRM modules, content management modules, product management modules, and other modules from the Company library
a. Generate accurate proposals and contracts to reflect the Company solution for the prospect
b. Be involved in the negotiation of pricing, module details, and terms of agreement, if necessary
c. Continually follow up to sign the prospect
a. Lead generation/outbound calling and warm lead follow up.
i. Sales is expected to make at least a minimum recommendation of 100 calls and/or 20 conversations per day (subject to change) in order to generate qualified appointment(s) to meet the closing sales need and demand of Company, and achieving the monthly sales quote (typically ranging between 5 to 10 projects per month.) (Subject to change in accordance with company business needs and demand).
b. Call clients on a regular basis to continuously build up relationship and trust.
c. Contact businesses or private individuals (company paid leads assigned) by telephone in order to solicit sales and to prospect for website services.
d. Send customized newsletters to all your opportunity lists once they are converted to a contact (select the newsletter from Sales Force template, customize it, send it every two days). (Customize and send out newsletters a minimum of 3 times per week per prospect)
e. Send a thank-you email after each appointment on a daily basis
f. Fully prepare for each appointment, i.e. prepare a PPT/high level proposal/detailed proposal on time. Do not show up to your meeting without preparation.
g. Travel: Schedule appointments and conduct outside sales visits in the Bay Area, including the possibility of traveling out of state, to meet with prospective clients, or for clients to attend sales presentations as scheduled.
5. Records Management
a. Maintain accurate and updated records in Company’s CRM system, including the prospect’s contact information such as name, address, telephone, email, and fax, and also including details of the discussions with the prospect – in Sales Force’s Accounts, Opportunities, Contacts, and Leads to successfully achieve sales closure
b. Enter new contact info to Sales Force each time after meeting with a new person
a. Sales are responsible to frequently communicate and collaborate with Company Sales Assistant / inside sales staffs once appointments are booked and to follow up with every single appointment in order to ensure meeting the minimum requirement of a monthly average of 5 closed sales or more per month. For example, if there are 22 work days in a month, Sales is responsible for ensuring that there are averages of 5 closed sales in that month. Sales must work closely on an ongoing basis with all Sales Assistant / inside sales staff members to ensure that sales are closed each month. Sales must communicate with Inside Sales Assistant several times a day and as often as required to ensure open communication and a team effort to close sales.
b. After closing, secure the first installment payment through one of Company’s available payment options (check or credit card)
c. Accurately fill out all required paperwork and ensure the processes are followed by yourself, accounting, and the production team
7. Coordination with the Production Team
a. After closing a deal, Sales will accurately generate the “Communication Sheet” to communicate ALL details of the client, the project, and the business to the production team
b. Meet with the project manager and Lead project manager to discuss the proposed solutions and any potential risks.
c. Continually follow up with the client and production team to maintain a healthy relationship and to avoid any potential project delays or risks (1 recommended follow up for every 2 weeks)
EXPECTATIONS & REVIEWS
The Sales KPI (Key performance indicators) indicates you are capable of closing a certain deal size. These KPI, which will measure the effectiveness of your performance, include the following:
1. % repeat purchase
2. % new purchase
3. average sales revenue
4. sales productivity
5. sales closing success rates
6. sale% as compared to the average %
7. sales plan vs. your quota %
8. lead to revenue conversion %
9. # of Accounts Won
10. # of New Client Accounts Lost
11. New Account Win/Loss Ratio
12. New Client Accounts Lost
Company will periodically make revisions and changes in sales job requirements based on job performance, business needs and demand whereas Company is a growing and evolving company and sales job description / company policies will be developed as the company grows